Monday, August 9, 2010

I need a good anti-virus program for the home that doesn't cost a fortune please!!!?

I want an anti virus,anti spam program that works when the computer is activated and not have to turn it on/off. My daughters are on internet school and we keep having trouble with programs bought at retailers.(aka: norton,panda,ect.)



I need a good anti-virus program for the home that doesn't cost a fortune please!!!?computer virus



Avast.com has a free antivirus program for home users. It auto updates virus definitions just like retail software.



http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.ht...



I need a good anti-virus program for the home that doesn't cost a fortune please!!!?free spyware remover



I use and like AVG free edition. It has auto-updating, programmable scans, and a very easy to use GUI.
As Savslives said...AVAST is simply the best with the amount of features it has...



This AntiVirus is NOT just a FREE Antivirus, but also, was awarded No1 for 2005 abd Feb2006...



So, go ahead for it...



PS: the home edition is a 60 days trial until you register it...



registration is FREE...they send you the serial on your email....its just a method to keep track of their users....and they don`t send any emails unless you ask them to do so...



I have been using it for nearly 3 years...only 1 email received from them...the one that had the free serial!!!
You need three different programs. aVast for virus, MS Defender for spyware/adware and Spambayes for spam control.
I use AVG for virus protection, and since I switched to Thunderbird (and took a day or two to fine-tune the Junk Mail controls) I haven't had any unwanted mail.
it sounds like you have a virus on your pc. if you have one you may not be able to load a anti virus untell it is taken care of. I run Norton and it has done me well. You can go to Best Buy and find many diffrent anti virus programs. While there i would have them look at your PC to just to make shure that there is nothing on it that may be preventing you from using alot of the programs. Good luck
Try BitDefender 8 free edition. I have heard that it is excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment