Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Is 256mb ram sufficient for general computer use?

Basically there's panda av, firefox and msn messenger running, but the computer would always freeze. I suspect the memory is too low, but I wonder if 256 is so limited? I've looked at the running background processes, but there isn't any unknown processes.



Is 256mb ram sufficient for general computer use?antivirus downloads



Well 256 USED to be the minimum for Windows XP. 512 is the new minimum for Windows XP with Service Pack II. While most people tell you to get 512, I personally would recomend geting 1024 MB (A gigabyte). I mean you'll do fine with 512 MB but 1 GB would last longer, as it says in an earlier reply, and you can do a whole lot more things. Besides, computers you see in BestBuy have atleast 512, but most have 1GB. 1 GB is becoming the new standard. I wont even get into the /type/ of RAM out there because you didnt ask. Or just get a new computer and have everything running fast.



Is 256mb ram sufficient for general computer use?cafe racer



If you are not using resource-hungry programs, it should be fine. But nowadays, most computers are going higher and higher in terms of RAM. 512 would be perfect =)
Sounds like you need a faster processor to me! and/or delet temp internet files.
Probably not, if I were you I would get 512mb or more
Depends on your O/S. If you're using XP, 256 is the minimum, 512 is recommended, and I would go with at least a gig. But, that's just me.
With increasing computer depreciation...knowing the competitive market...and they rate to go slow in a couple years...the more ram you have the longer they will last. If your needs are minimal then 256 would be okay. If you play to have your computer for 5 years...go with the best you can get

No comments:

Post a Comment