Monday, August 16, 2010

We are leaving for Washington DC in approx 2 weeks. I promised my daughter I would take her to see t

Pandas. But while we are there, she wants to see the Air and Space Museum and the Natural History Museum. Has ayone else ever been? Can you tell me how long it takes to see them? Are they side by side or do we have to take another bus from one to the other?



We are leaving for Washington DC in approx 2 weeks. I promised my daughter I would take her to see the Giant?pop up blocker



Air and Space museum and Natural history are both on the mall along with a bunch of other museums. You can spend hours in each depending on your level of interest.



You can find lots of information about the museums here:



http://www.smithsonian.org/



The National Zoo is not walking distance but you can take the metro. Smithsonian station to metro center, transfer to the red line there which goes to the zoo. Should take 20 minutes or so. Here's a map of the metro system



http://www.wmata.com/metrorail/systemmap...



The Smithsonian is right in the center on the orange/blue lines, the zoo is on the red line northwest of the center of the map.



We are leaving for Washington DC in approx 2 weeks. I promised my daughter I would take her to see the Giant?systemworks



Air and Space and Natural History are almost right across the National Mall from each other. You could probably do both of those in one day and cover a lot. I don't think you could do those two and the zoo in one day.



You will need to take the Metro to see the zoo - it's at the Woodley Park/National Zoo station on the red line. The zoo is an all day affair. Have fun!
the air and space musuem is boring... but the Nat. History museum is fun...



otherwise, how old is your daughter that she wants to see museums?

No comments:

Post a Comment